St Osyth Parish Council
Village Appraisal Tour Thursday, 1st July 2010
Present: Chairman Cllr Sonia Grantham, Cllr John Kemp, Cllr Julie Ward, Cllr Jean Smith, Cllr Graham Underwood, Cllr Alan Rolfe, Cllr Lesley Fuller, Cllr George Gibbs, Cllr Colleen Peverell and Monica Harvey.
1. Priory Meadow
• Need shrubs at back of slope on flat ground.
• ‘Round up’ herbicide on weeds growing on the bark.
• ‘Round up’ on path.
• Move bin to nearer the entrance/exit, it is not in the most convenient place.
• Strim nettles, weeds around litter bin by slope.
2. Looked at land intended for development in Rochford Road.
3. Allotments –All positive comments.
4. Cemetery – very impressed with Chapel. Concern expressed about down pipe at back of Chapel, - it has come away from guttering. When it rains, water will go down the Chapel building – must be fixed and water butt installed.
5. Chapel Lane and Light at the end - Councillors noted the difficulties of having a double branched light, it was suggested that a light might be installed at the end of the alley way (Norman Close). To be investigated.
6. Cowley Park – new installation noted, not quite finished. Meeting of Open Spaces Committee to look carefully at what needs to be done in light of Play Inspection Report.
Mastic needs to be inserted between safety tiles.
War Memorial – Councillors commented on the much improved appearance of the War Memorial Garden.
Damaged fencing to be repaired at entrance to War Memorial.
7. Dumont Avenue Playground
• Dip at entrance to be repaired with plainings.
• Gate needs oiling.
• Repairs to be done to climbing frame.
• Shop counter to be removed.
• Frame to be painted.
• Tiles under equipment need securing with mastic.
• All bolts and bushels to be checked.
• Any weeds to be removed.
8 Cow Lane, Greenland Grove and Dairy Farm Meadow – all Councillors walked and looked at these areas. ‘Travellers’ seen parked illegally.
The storm ditches need to be cleared out.
9. Footpath around Wigboro Wick corner has been cleared and is now safe for walkers, prams and pushchairs.
10. Priory wall, opposite War Memorial, has loose bricks on the highway.