CEMETERY
THE BURIAL GROUND
BROCHURE
WORKING PARTY

The Business of the Parish Cemetery

On this page we record matters which refer to the Parish Cemetery. There is some information about the Cemetery itself and the new land purchased as an extension for future use.

The Burial Board was first formed in 1855 when the Parish Churchyard was closed to burials and in 1895, shortly after the Parish Council itself was established, the duties of the Burial Board were transferred to the new Parish Council.

The title has no legal significance today but was used by the Parish Council to refer to its work as custodians of the Cemerery, until around 2002.

12/6/2000



copyright | privacy & security | communications| credits: Talbot Property Partners | © 2000-2016 St. Osyth Parish Council. all rights reserved